Uh I feel exactly that somehow - unmotivated. The whole tracking your money business sounds like and is kind of tedious. Why, I spent $26.85 on groceries yesterday and I spent about 10 minutes trying to remember one of the items I bought. (The receipt doesn't indicate the items, just the prices)
I went to a health store to buy my grocery and bought mostly organic stuff so it might seem a little steep.
For $26.85 dollars I got
1) 1 big courgette (zucchini)
2) Two handfuls of baby bella mushrooms
3) Organic frozen corn (Now that I think of it, I think corn is one of the things that you really do not need to buy organic)
4) Avocado (ditto as above)
5) Apples (better to buy organic coz of all the pesticides)
6) Tofu (It was cheaper at the healthfood store)
7) A red capsicum (better to buy organic)
8) A sesame noodle lunch pack (yum)
9) A box of chocolate chip cookies (They are little ones and I eat 3-4 a day with my afternoon tea)
10) Sleepy time tea (same price or lower than regular grocery)
I am planning on making this last a whole week. I have some stuff on the freezer already. I have milk and eggs. For some reason I can get the same brand of orgainc milk and eggs for almost 50% off at my health food store than at the regular grocery store, which turns out to be even cheaper than the regular milk and eggs! I wonder why? (touch wood so as not to jinx myself :P I plan on buying organic milk and eggs there)
If I buy anything, I will be buying some more fruits. Lets see if I can manage.